Ratings & Reviews
They were Wonderful Professionals to work with on our case. I was able to recover more from Attorney Largey’s Firm than the one I’d chosen before this firm. They were diligent in seeking precise but fair justice.
Chris and Josie did a excellent job for me when I needed an attorney my brother told me too use Largey Law and he was right , I will used them again and have FrankMikos
I rarely leave a review for anyone or anything, but in this case I wanted to. If you are looking for an attorney that really cares about you and you case then you need to contact Largey Law Firm. Chris Largey and his expert knowledge lead...
I rarely leave a review for anyone or anything, but in this case I wanted to. If you are looking for an attorney that really cares about you and you case then you need to contact Largey Law Firm. Chris Largey and his expert knowledge lead me through the entire process. His "there are no stupid questions" attitude made me feel at ease and he explained all to me in a way I understood. I also do not want to forget to mention his courteous and helpful staff. So if you want the best use Largey Law!
I was originally referred by one of my coworkers who had a great experience with Mr. Largey. Chris and his team were great in handling my case. I appreciate the professionalism and quality of every staff member.
I am an attorney myself, so I know a little bit more about selecting an attorney than the average client. When I was involved a serious car accident, there was no doubt in my mind that Largey Law was the firm to call. Attorney Largey reso...
I am an attorney myself, so I know a little bit more about selecting an attorney than the average client. When I was involved a serious car accident, there was no doubt in my mind that Largey Law was the firm to call. Attorney Largey resolved my case timely and for top dollar. I have seen Attorney Largey in action, both as a client and a fellow attorney and I can say he is top notch in every respect. His office staff maintained excellent communication throughout my case. No complaints from me, only praise. Contact Largey Law, it may be the best legal decision you ever make.
How to Prove Distracted Driving Caused a Car Accident
- posted: Jun. 15, 2020
Since the advent of the cell phone, accidents due to distracted driving are on the rise, not only in Florida, but in the rest of the country as well. Distracted driving is any activity that causes a driver's attention to be on something other than operating their automobile. Although texting and talking on a cell phone are the most common form of distracted driving, there are several other activities that can take drivers’ eyes and minds off the road. Some examples are:
- Putting on makeup
- Adjusting car climate, GPS and radio controls
- Eating and drinking
- Talking to passengers
- Brushing hair
If you were in an accident that you suspect was caused by another person’s distracted driving, there are ways to assemble proof for use in a legal claim. Although Florida’s no-fault car insurance law requires claiming first against your own insurance coverage for your medical bills and other out-of-pocket costs, you may be able to sue for damages for serious injuries. An experienced automobile accident attorney can help you gather evidence for your case, such as:
- Witness testimony — There may be witnesses that saw the driver eating or talking on a cell phone when the accident occurred.
- Traffic citations — The police on the scene may have issued a citation to the other driver for texting while driving.
- Police reports — The police report may have information about what the other driver was doing when the collision happened.
- Cell phone data —The other driver’s cell phone records will show if there were any texts or calls around the time of the accident.
- Skid marks — It is often possible to determine from skid marks the direction, relative speed and braking force of the vehicles involved in the accident. If there are no skid marks, it may mean that the other driver was not paying attention and therefore did not apply the brakes in time.
- Signs of rummaging — There may be food, drinks, makeup or other loose items in the front seat or on the floor of the other driver’s car.
If your state of health allows, you can help your case by doing your own investigation at the accident scene. Get the contact information of all parties involved, take photos of the vehicles and roadway and makes notes or voice recording of all your observations.
The experienced auto accident attorneys at Largey Law Firm can help you gather evidence of liability on the part of other drivers involved. To schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced lawyer, call us at 352-253-0456 or contact us online. We have offices in Tavares, Clermont and Inverness.