Ratings & Reviews
They were Wonderful Professionals to work with on our case. I was able to recover more from Attorney Largey’s Firm than the one I’d chosen before this firm. They were diligent in seeking precise but fair justice.
Chris and Josie did a excellent job for me when I needed an attorney my brother told me too use Largey Law and he was right , I will used them again and have FrankMikos
I rarely leave a review for anyone or anything, but in this case I wanted to. If you are looking for an attorney that really cares about you and you case then you need to contact Largey Law Firm. Chris Largey and his expert knowledge lead...
I rarely leave a review for anyone or anything, but in this case I wanted to. If you are looking for an attorney that really cares about you and you case then you need to contact Largey Law Firm. Chris Largey and his expert knowledge lead me through the entire process. His "there are no stupid questions" attitude made me feel at ease and he explained all to me in a way I understood. I also do not want to forget to mention his courteous and helpful staff. So if you want the best use Largey Law!
I was originally referred by one of my coworkers who had a great experience with Mr. Largey. Chris and his team were great in handling my case. I appreciate the professionalism and quality of every staff member.
I am an attorney myself, so I know a little bit more about selecting an attorney than the average client. When I was involved a serious car accident, there was no doubt in my mind that Largey Law was the firm to call. Attorney Largey reso...
I am an attorney myself, so I know a little bit more about selecting an attorney than the average client. When I was involved a serious car accident, there was no doubt in my mind that Largey Law was the firm to call. Attorney Largey resolved my case timely and for top dollar. I have seen Attorney Largey in action, both as a client and a fellow attorney and I can say he is top notch in every respect. His office staff maintained excellent communication throughout my case. No complaints from me, only praise. Contact Largey Law, it may be the best legal decision you ever make.
What Can You Do if Charged With Marijuana Possession in Florida?
- posted: Jul. 22, 2020
While many states have relaxed their laws regarding marijuana possession, Florida continues to impose heavy penalties even for relatively small amounts of the drug. Possession of 20 grams or less of marijuana is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one-year imprisonment and a fine of up to $1,000. Holding more than 20 grams is a felony carrying penalties of up to five years in prison and $5,000 in fines.
Nevertheless, if you are facing marijuana possession charges in Florida, an experienced attorney can raise one or more of many possible defenses available, depending on the circumstances. They include:
- Medical marijuana use — While Florida does not allow possession of marijuana for recreational use, medical use is allowed for holders of a special card issued by a state-certified physician. This is a defense to possession under circumstances consistent with medical use. Holding large amounts may violate the scope of the privilege.
- No constructive or actual possession of the marijuana — In order to be charged with possession of a drug in Florida, a suspect must have actual possession or constructive possession (within his immediate control) of the drug. Mere presence of the drug in the defendant’s vicinity is not enough.
- Entrapment — Entrapment occurs when a law enforcement officer or informant induces a person to commit a crime he or she otherwise would not have committed. If an officer pressures a suspect to hold or pass marijuana to another person, this could be considered entrapment.
- Illegal search & seizure —If the marijuana is found during an illegal search, namely, one that occurs without a warrant or in connection with a valid arrest, it cannot be admitted into evidence at trial.
- Failure to Mirandize upon arrest — Law enforcement must advise an arrested person of his or her rights to remain silent and to consult with an attorney. If the arresting officer fails to do so, any confession or evidence obtained from the arrest will not be permitted at trial.
If you have been charged with a marijuana possession crime in Florida, the attorneys at Largey Law Firm are here to help. We are skilled at building strong defenses and negotiating plea bargains when advantageous to our clients. To schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced lawyer, call us at 352-253-0456 or contact us online. We have offices in Tavares, Clermont and Inverness.