Proven trial attorneys defend Floridians in Lake, Sumter and Citrus County criminal courts
Inverness, the seat of Citrus County, is a bike-friendly town and a haven for those who enjoy boating and fishing. It is also home to a number of historic buildings and hosts several cultural institutions, including art museums, a theater and an art studio. A lovely place to live and visit, its attractions quickly fade if you are arrested and charged with a crime. If this happens to you, it’s important to know you have the right to remain silent and the right to an attorney. The experienced defense attorneys at Largey Law Firm are ready to provide you with a determined defense and protect your rights in the criminal justice system.
Dedicated Inverness advocates defend against a range of criminal charges
Our firm represents people in Inverness and the surrounding area who face a variety of allegations, including:
- DUI/DWI — If you are charged with DUI (driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol), you may face fines, jail time or the loss of your driving privileges. We can challenge the prosecution’s case by questioning whether the stop was legal or the tests you submitted to were flawed.
- Drug crimes — Depending on the illegal substance involved and its intended use, a drug crime can result in jail time, especially if you’re involved in trafficking. We will pursue the best possible outcome given the facts of the case.
In addition to these cases, we also represent Floridians charged with:
What should you do if you are arrested?
In many cases, law enforcement requires a warrant to make a valid arrest. However, a warrantless arrest is entirely legal if:
- Police have probable cause to believe you committed or are committing a felony.
- They have probable cause to believe you committed certain misdemeanors, such as shoplifting, carrying a concealed weapon other than a firearm or possessing more than 20 grams of marijuana.
- You committed a misdemeanor in an officer’s presence.
You will be taken to a police station upon your arrest, and you may be fingerprinted, photographed and asked to appear in a lineup. Under these circumstances, it’s essential you know that you have the right to:
- Know the criminal charges against you
- Have an attorney present during questioning and at all critical stages of your case, whether you can afford one or not
- Refuse to answer questions
- Call your attorney, family, friends or a bail bondsman as soon as it’s possible to do so
In your arraignment, you will appear before a judge, who will ask you how you plead (guilty or not guilty) and will set your bail if it’s determined you’re eligible for it. As soon as you call us for help, we can begin to advise you of your options, mount your defense and protect your rights.
Contact a dedicated criminal defense lawyer in Inverness
No matter what criminal charge you face in Inverness, Largey Law Firm is ready to provide a determined defense. Call 352-253-0456 or contact us online for a free initial consultation. Se habla español.