Ratings & Reviews
After I was involved in a serious not-at-fault auto accident, and in checking reviews on many local attorneys, we made an appointment with Largey Law. During the initial meeting, I had no doubt we had chose correctly and signed with their ...
After I was involved in a serious not-at-fault auto accident, and in checking reviews on many local attorneys, we made an appointment with Largey Law. During the initial meeting, I had no doubt we had chose correctly and signed with their firm to represent me. Chris Largey represented me and he along with his associate Kim Reno, well what can I say, they always had my best interest at heart. They not only made every step of the way as easy as possible, but always looked out for my best interest. They also made certain I received all the medical care I needed and handled all the paperwork involved with my claim. They were ALWAYS on top of every thing, every step of the way through to the claim settlement. They really cared about me, and on multiple occasions went above and beyond to help me through this this difficult situation, as during this my husband passed away from leukemia. It was nice to know they were there for me and handling this. I so appreciate everything Chris and Kim and staff have done for me through this and in finalizing my settlement, thank you so much! All I can say is I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Largey Law, they are professional, knowledgeable, responsive and most of all, a caring group of folks.
What a great law firm! Very compassionate and understanding. Always got back with me in a timely manner. I definitely recommend!
Very thorough and professional... Will use them again if the need arises.
Good law group, and has been in n communication with my husband and I, throughout the case... Thank you for your services...
With approximately 600,000 registered motorcycles in Florida, second only to California, it is both unsurprising and unfortunate that we also have a large number of motorcycle accidents and fatalities. Every year, there are about 9,000 motorcycle crashes and approximately 500 fatalities in our state.
With such a high volume of accidents, it’s important to understand what causes them so riders and other drivers can be aware and try to avoid bad situations. Here are five common reasons for accidents:
- Cars making left-hand turns — These maneuvers account for about four out of 10 collisions between cars and motorcycles. Usually, when a car strikes a motorcycle in an intersection, whichever driver is making the left-hand turn will be the one considered most at fault.
- Hazardous road conditions — Motorcycles, with only two narrow wheels on the ground, are vulnerable to slippery surfaces, loose gravel, debris and other irregularities in the road, which can cause them to skid, fall over or crash.
- Lane splitting — This occurs when a biker rides between two lanes of traffic headed in the same direction. Many riders do this because they can save time instead of sitting in traffic. But this is incredibly risky behavior, because other drivers will not be expecting it and they may try to change lanes or make other maneuvers when the motorcycle is nearby, leading to a collision.
- Staying in other drivers’ blind spots — Bikes are much smaller than the average vehicle, so it’s easy for them to get lost in the blind spots of cars and trucks. The drivers of these bigger vehicles, unaware of the motorcycle’s presence, may change lanes or make turns and then suddenly strike the unseen motorcycle. If you’re a rider, do everything you can to stay out of blind spots as much as possible.
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs — Unlike some of the crashes outlined above, riding while under the influence is entirely preventable. Put simply, you should not ride after you’ve consumed alcohol or drugs. These substances slow down your reaction time, impair your motor skills and vision and can lead to a serious accident.
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident in Central Florida and you believe someone else caused the crash, you may be entitled to compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. The attorneys of Largey Law Firm can provide a free case evaluation if you call us at 352-253-0456 or contact us online. Our offices are in Clermont, Tavares and Inverness.