Our Lawyers Fight Traffic Tickets in Tavares, Inverness & Clermont, FL
Working to save your license after a traffic violation
A traffic ticket is more than an inconvenience. A ticket can cost you money in fines, court costs and increased insurance premiums. Repeated tickets or an incident in which you are cited for multiple violations can result in a suspension of your license. Some serious driving offenses can result in criminal prosecution.
Largey Law knows that every ticket is significant. Our lawyers challenge tickets for traffic infractions and misdemeanor driving offenses throughout Central Florida. Our goal is to prevent you from getting points against your license.
Points on your driving record
Each time you receive a driving citation that you don’t contest, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles issues points against your license. Points for the most common moving violations include:
- Speeding 16 mph or more above the limit — four points
- Speeding 15 mph or less above the limit — three points
- Speeding resulting in an accident — six points
- Leaving the scene of an accident that caused more than $50 in damage — six points
- Reckless driving — four points
- Passing a stopped school bus — four points
- Open container of alcohol — three points
- Violation of child restraint laws — three points
- Littering — three points
Traffic citation points can quickly add up to a license suspension. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles is authorized to suspend your license if you accumulate:
- 12 points within 12 months — 30-day suspension
- 18 points within 18 months — three-month suspension
- 24 points within 36 months — one-year suspension
DUI license suspension
Driving under the influence cases have two components — the criminal charge against you and an administrative action against your license. Our lawyers fight your charges in criminal court at the same time we represent you in the administrative hearings.
Living in Central Florida without a car causes substantial hardships that can affect your family and your employment. That is why our criminal defense lawyers fight hard to prevent you from losing your license.
Fight your traffic tickets in Tavares, Inverness & Clermont, FL
Every uncontested traffic ticket moves you a step closer to license suspension. So call Largey Law at 352.508.1485 or contact the firm online. Your initial consultation is free. We represent drivers in traffic courts throughout Central Florida, including Lake, Sumter and Citrus counties. Se habla español.