203 N. St. Clair Abrams Avenue, Tavares, Florida 32778-3259
Call for a free consultation 352.508.1485 Call for a free consultation 352.508.1485


Car Accidents Are the Leading Cause of Personal Injury in the United States

When fighting for damages in Clermont, Tavares or Inverness, put more than 27 years of legal experience in your corner

According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, 227,998 car accidents occurred on state roadways in 2011 alone. These accidents involved 334,809 drivers and averaged out to 625 crashes per day. Chances are good that you will one day be involved in a motor vehicle accident. If you are, the attorneys at Largey Law are ready to discuss your incident and determine if you have a valid accident claim.

What should I do immediately after a car accident?

Auto accidents are incredibly stressful, but if you can, you need to remain calm in the aftermath of a car wreck. The actions you take in the minutes, hours and days that follow can make a huge difference in any litigation stemming from the incident.

  • Make sure no one is seriously injured. If everyone can be safely moved, get them to safety and contact the police. If there are serious injuries, contact emergency services.
  • Get contact information from everyone involved in the accident, but say nothing. Admit no guilt and no fault.
  • Take pictures of the scene and all vehicles involved in the collision.
  • See a medical doctor as soon after the accident as possible. Injuries suffered in traffic accidents do not always present symptoms right away. Additionally, if you do not seek treatment from a medical doctor within 14 days of your accident, your own insurance company can deny you medical coverage that you have paid for.

Also, as soon as possible, contact an experienced accident lawyer, such as those at Largey Law. Make sure you choose your lawyer well. An experienced attorney can analyze your case and tell you how details you may not find important, such as whether your crash involved trucksmotorcycles or a texting driver, can greatly impact your case.

A reputable lawyer can help you understand insurance and deadlines

Florida is a no-fault car insurance state. That means that a driver who is not at fault, and his or her passengers, are required to seek payment by their own insurance companies for medical bills and lost wages following an accident regardless of who is at fault for the accident. The no-fault law also limits, but does not eliminate, your rights to seek damages from other parties through personal injury claims.

What happens if you do not own a car, don’t have insurance and are involved in an accident, which is not your fault? It is important to contact a knowledgeable law firm who can guide you through the process of opening a claim on your behalf and who will find insurance coverage that is available to pay your bills while you receive the medical care you need. We are dedicated to finding insurance that protects injured people and ensuring that medical bills and lost wages are paid in a timely manner.

Florida also maintains specific laws about uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Every motor vehicle liability insurance policy issued in the state must include uninsured/underinsured motorist vehicle coverage equal to its bodily injury liability coverage, unless the motorist specifically rejects that coverage. Often times, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is available to injured parties who are unaware that they are entitled to it. If uninsured/underinsured motorist benefits are available, important steps must be taken to make sure that the coverage is secured and protected for the injured party. An experienced auto accident attorney should find all insurance coverage available to their injured clients and protect their right to be compensated by them. The attorneys at Largey Law are experienced in finding uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and protecting the rights of the injured parties to be compensated fairly for their injuries.

Always remember that time is not on your side. If you want to file a car accident claim in Florida, you must file a lawsuit within four years of the date of the accident. Uninsured/underinsured motorist claims must be resolved within five years or a suit must be filed within that time. We will make sure that your claim will be resolved or a suit will be filed within the time limits allowed by law.

Reach out to a knowledgeable car accident attorney as soon after your accident as possible

Car accidents are serious matters, both medically and legally. If you or someone you love is involved in a Central Florida motor vehicle wreck, talk to the lawyers at Largey Law today. Reach us at 352.508.1485 or contact us online. We can arrange a free consultation around your scheduling needs at one of our offices in Tavares, Inverness and Clermont. Se habla español.


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form