Experienced lawyers advocate for injured clients in Central Florida
Clermont, a thriving city of approximately 30,000, is just 20 miles east of Orlando and conveniently close to Disney World and its attractions. Known for its pristine lakes and rolling hills, Clermont offers residents a healthy lifestyle. But that lifestyle can be marred by accidental injury caused by the carelessness of others. If you’ve been hurt through another’s negligence, Largey Law Firm will fight for the compensation you deserve for medical bills, lost wages and other damages.
Trusted law firm represents Floridians in all types of personal injury cases
Our Clermont firm represents people in a wide variety of personal injury cases involving:
- Car accidents — Our experienced personal injury lawyers seek full compensation for people in Central Florida injured in car accidents
- Wrongful death — If negligence or misconduct causes a family member’s death, we can file a wrongful death action.
- Drunk driving accident victims — No matter how safe drivers are on the road, they can become drunk driving accident victims without warning. We will hold at-fault drivers accountable.
- Uber/Lyft ridesharing accidents — Uber and Lyft drivers increase road congestion and pose the danger of ridesharing accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents — Other motorists may not notice approaching motorcycles until too late, and motorcycle accidents can be catastrophic for riders.
- Truck accidents — If you’ve been hurt in a truck accidentwe will seek full compensation for what is often catastrophic harm.
- Theme park accidents — Clermont’s proximity to Orlando can be a mixed blessing when theme park accidents injure visitors.
- Medical malpractice — If a doctor’s substandard care results in injury, we can seek to hold him or her accountable through a medical malpractice suit.
We handle these types of injury cases as well:
- Construction accidents
- Premises liability
- Boating accidents
- Defective products
- Nursing home abuse
- Dog bites and other animal attacks
- Head, brain and spinal injuries
- Birth injuries
Florida is a comparative negligence state, which means that you can still receive compensation if you are partially at fault, but your damages will be reduced by your percentage of fault. We will advise you on your legal options based on the specific details of your case.
Proven advocates assemble evidence to support your claim
To prepare your personal injury claim, we assemble evidence that includes:
- Police reports — These reports are a starting point for our investigation of the accident.
- Witness statements — Statements by people who saw or heard the accident can help us bolster your case.
- Medical reports — By thoroughly understanding your injuries and their impact on your life, we can determine what damages to seek.
- Safety and inspection reports — If the defendant knew dangerous conditions existed but failed to correct them, documentation may be crucial to proving your case.
- Video and photography — Traffic-cam footage and photographs taken at the scene can have a powerful impact on the jury.
We use this evidence to determine the value of your claim as we prepare to prove your case.
What you need to prove to win your case
To succeed in a personal injury claim, plaintiffs must prove four elements of negligence by the defendant:
- Duty of care — The defendant had a duty to avoid the action or inaction that caused you harm.
- Breach of duty — The defendant failed to satisfy the duty of care.
- Causation — Whatever the defendant did or failed to do caused your injuries.
- Damages — You must have been injured or otherwise suffered a loss recognized by law.
We understand what we must do to meet the filing requirements for your claim and prove each element.
Why you need a personal injury lawyer
To stand up to the defendant’s insurance company and its lawyers in a cost-effective claim, it’s essential to seek professional counsel. Our experienced personal injury lawyers will fight for you by accurately determining compensation and challenging insurers to pay it, though aggressive negotiation or litigation. These are the hallmarks of our legal practice.
Contact a skilled personal injury attorney in Clermont
At Largey Law Firm, we provide skilled personal injury representation to Central Florida clients. Call us today at 352-253-0456 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. We handle personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you owe us nothing unless we recover compensation for you. Se habla español.