Florida Malpractice Attorneys Litigate Doctor and Hospital Errors
Seeking full compensation for injured patients in and around Clermont, Inverness and Tavares
If you were injured because of negligent care from a doctor or hospital, you need aggressive legal representation from an attorney who understands what you’re going through. For 25 years, Largey Law has fought to assert patient rights in cases of medical malpractice against doctors and hospitals. We’ve recovered millions of dollars in compensation for hundreds of injured parties, and we’re determined to do all we can to maximize the recovery for your injuries.
Holding negligent Florida doctors accountable for medical and surgical errors
Medical malpractice can involve errors of judgment, omission and commission, such as:
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis — Failing to recognize the symptoms of cancer or heart disease can cost a patient time and can allow the disease to progress to the point where even radical treatment is ineffective.
- Wrong medication or dosage — Too many doctors are unfamiliar with the medications they prescribe and they may communicate inaccurately to pharmacies that fill prescriptions.
- Failure to check for drug interactions — Your doctor or pharmacist must consult your drug history to be aware of potentially dangerous interactions.
- Failure to order appropriate diagnostic testing — Doctors must follow accepted protocols to determine how to treat a patient.
- Misreading test results — Sloppy, inattentive work by radiologists and other doctors charged with interpreting tests can lead to a misdiagnosis.
Although surgery is far too complex to guarantee every patient a positive outcome, surgical errors that doctors admit should never happen, do continue to happen, including:
Violations of surgical protocols too often lead to disastrous consequences. In the best cases, patients may need additional surgery to repair the damage; in worst case scenarios, patients may be permanently harmed and face a lifetime of pain and disability.
Fighting for compensation for harm due to substandard hospital care
While a hospital is not automatically liable for malpractice from every doctor that has privileges, a hospital is liable in cases where its lack of oversight has caused injury, including:
If you’ve been harmed during a hospital stay in Clermont, Inverness or Tavares, it’s crucial that you consult Largey Law as quickly as possible to investigate and build the groundwork for a malpractice claim.
Get concerned and dedicated representation for your claim
If you or someone you love is suffering because of doctor or hospital error, talk to an experienced attorney at Largey Law. We have three convenient office locations in Tavares, Inverness and Clermont to better serve our clients. Call us today at 352.508.1485 or contact us online to arrange a free consultation. Se habla español.